Tags / Independence Coalition
Hundreds of protesters demonstrated Friday, March 15, in Nasr City in Cairo to support the armed forces against the Muslim Brotherhood (MB), to which President Mohamed Morsi is affiliated.
The protest was dubbed the “Last Chance” against President Morsi and his administration.
The protesters chanted slogans backing the army, and carried banners saying "Down, down with rule by the guide," which referred to the MB's leader Mohamed Badie.
Controversial TV presenter Tawfiq Okasha took part in the protest.
Traffic was blocked in lanes leading to Nasr City. Protesters set up a stage next to the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, and raised photographs of public figures including Defense Minister Abdel Fattah al-Sisi and late President Mohamed Anwar al-Sadat.
More than 30 political parties and groups had called for today’s protest, which demands military intervention against the “brotherhoodization” of the state and to stop what they allege are “Islamist militias” that intimidate the people.
Military veterans, members of the Independence Coalition, the Maspero Youth Union, the Silent Majority movement and the Egypt Above All coalition were in attendance.
Local News Agency: Middle East Bureau / VCS
Shooting Dateline: March 15, 2013
Shooting Location: Cairo, Egypt
Publishing Time: March 15, 2013
Video Size: 55.1 MB
1. Pan left shot of protestors waving with Egyptian flags
2. Medium shot of speakers on the stage addressing protestors
3. Various shots of protestors waving with Egyptian flags and shouting “Leave” “Leave” in reference to President Morsi
4. Pan left shot of protestors waving with Egyptian flags and shouting “The people and the army are one hand”
5. Various shots of protestors waving with Egyptian flags and shouting statements backing the army
6. Medium shot of a protestor raising a banner backing the Egyptian army
7. Various shots of protestors waving with Egypt flags and shouting against the Muslim Brotherhood
8. Medium shot of a veiled woman raising a banner against the Muslim Brotherhood
9. Wide shot of protestors raising a large Egyptian flag