Every year a large number of Hindu visit Katasraj temples. Katasraj is a Hindu temple complex situated in Katas village near Choa Saidanshah in the Chakwal district of Punjab in Pakistan. Dedicated to Shiva, the temple has, according to Hindu legend, existed since the days of Mahābhārata and the Pandava brothers spent a substantial part of their exile at the site. The Pakistan Government is considering nominating the temple complex for World Heritage Site status. In 2007, it also proposed to restore the temple complex. In 2012, the temple pond is drying up due to heavy use of ground water for industrial purposes. But this year there are only 26 pilgrims visited for the performance of their religious rituals.
- 00 to 00:19: Shots of reception for Hindu pilgrims India
- 00:19 to 00: 37: Shots of Katasraj Temples
- 00: 37 to 00:50: Shots of security personnel
- 00:50 to 00:58: Shots of refreshments
- 00: 58 to 1:34: Interview with Pakistani Government Representative
- 1: 34 to 2:28: Shot of plantation ceremony and prayer for the good relations of Pakistan and India. General shots of the Katasraj temples Shots of sacred pool.
- 2:28: Interview with Indian Hindu Pilgrim
Pakistani Government Representative : When these Hindu pilgrims will go back to India they will convey the message that Pakistan is safe country and government of Pakistan is a lot of pain for their protection and every stone unturned for their hospitality. ( Siddique ul Farooq) Government key figure to speak on various issues. 1: 34 Shot of plantation ceremony and prayer for the good relations of Pakistan and India.
Indian Hindu Pilgrim: 2: 28: The delegation is small this year but it is important that we are here, this is important. Last year the number of pilgrims was more and this year it is less because of the recent incidents of Wagha border blast, Peshawar attack and some other thwart the pilgrims to come Pakistan. The people confidence gets shatter they feel that Pakistan is in very bad condition and if they will go might be they will trapped or have any other mishap.