Clashes erupted on Friday, October 12, between pro-Muslim Brotherhood supporters and other secularist groups in iconic Tahrir Square, leaving approximately 42 injured, according to Egypt’s Health Ministry.
Protestors threw rocks and Molotov Cocktails at each other.
Several protests with different goals are occupying Tahrir square today.
Liberal and leftists forces have called for a protest dubbed "Accountability Friday" protesting against the poor performance of President Mohamed Morsi, after the end of his first 100-day plan.
On the other hand, the Muslim Brotherhood and other Islamists groups gathered at Tahrir Square, condemning the acquittal of 24 former regime figures who were accused of involvement in the Battle of the Camel during the January 25 Revolution.
Opponents of the Muslim Brotherhood expressed their rejection of the formation and activities of the Constitution Writing Panel, which is tasked with drafting Egypt’s new constitution after the January 25 Revolution.
They also protest against what they see as President Morsi's failure to fulfill his promises to meet demands of democracy and social justice.
Protestors seek a reformed Constitution Writing Panel that represents all Egyptians, the implementation of a minimum and maximum wage and a reduction in the price of basic commodities.
While on the other hand, Muslim Brotherhood supporters call for retribution for the victims of the revolution and the resignation of the General-Prosecutor.
Fighting has broken out between pro- and anti-Muslim Brotherhood protesters in Cairo's Tahrir Square after pro-Brotherhood supporters destroyed the stage of Hamdeen Sabbahi's Popular Current and burnt a banner calling for the reformation of the Constitution writing panel.
Local News Agency: Middle East Bureau / VCS
Shooting Dateline: October 12, 2012
Shooting Location: Cairo, Egypt
Publishing Time: October 12, 2012
Video Size: 112 MB
- Wide shot of massive numbers of pro-Muslim Brotherhood supporters marching at Tahrir square and shouting statements in support of the victims of the revolution and against the acquittal of the defendants responsible of killing them during the January 25 Revolution
- Various shots of both sides of protestors targeting each other with rocks
- Wide shot of protestors raising a large Egyptian flag
- Various shots of clashes between both sides of protestors while targeting each other with rocks at Tahrir square
- Wide shot of anti- Muslim Brotherhood protestors marching at Tahrir square and shouting statements against the MB
- Various shots of clashes between protestors
- Medium sot of one of the anti-MB protestors shouting statements against the Muslim Brotherhood General-Guide
- Various shots of crowds of supporters of the MB at Tahrir square, shouting statements in support of Morsi and other statements condemning the acquittal of the defendants responsible of killing the martyrs during the January 25 Revolution
- Wide shot of protestors marching, shouting and raising a large banner of one of the victims of the revolution
Various shots of crowds of protestors raising Egyptian flags