Hundreds of Egyptians marched on Thursday, November 15, from Omar Makram Mosque near Tahrir Square to the Arab League headquarters in Cairo to stage a demonstration against the recent Israeli attacks on Gaza Strip.
Protestors called on the Egyptian government to cut all diplomatic and economic ties with Israel, and to shut down the Israeli embassy in Cairo.
On Wednesday night, President Mohamed Morsi recalled Egypt’s ambassador to Israel following the Israeli attack on Gaza that killed at least 15 Palestinians, including Hamas leading figure Ahmed Al-Jaabari and two young children.
Protestors shouted statements against the attacks on Gaza, raising Egyptian, Palestinian flags and other flags bearing the words “There is no God but Allah, Mohamed is the messenger of Allah.”
They also chanted statements like “Gaza is Symbol of Dignity”, “O Arab Rulers, Open Door for Jihad”.
Protesters also demanded the opening of the Rafah border crossing to allow more Palestinians into Egypt, the provision of political and logistical support to Gaza, and the cancelation of Egypt’s peace treaty with Israel.
Egypt’s Muslim Brotherhood called on Egyptians to hold a million-man march in Cairo on Friday to denounce recent Israeli attacks on the Gaza Strip and to express solidarity with the Palestinian people in Gaza.
Hamas responded to the attacks by launching rockets into Israel, killing at least three Israelis.
STORY: Egyptians March to Arab League in Cairo against Israeli Attacks on Gaza
Local News Agency: Middle East Bureau / VCS
Shooting Dateline: November 15, 2012
Shooting Location: Cairo, Egypt
Publishing Time: November 15, 2012
Video Size: 81.5 MB
1. Wide shot of protestors outside the Arab League headquarters in Cairo
2. Various shots of protestors raising large banners reading “Save Gaza” and raising Egyptian and Palestinian flags
3. Pan right shot of protestors outside the Arab league headquarters in Cairo
4. Various shots of protestors raising pictures showing injured Palestinians
5. Medium shot of one of the protestors raising the Egyptian flags with the words “ There is no God but Allah, Mohamed is the messenger of Allah”
6. Pan left shot of protestors outside the Arab League headquarters
7. Various shots of protestors
8. Various shots of protestors shouting statements announcing solidarity with Gaza and other statements like “Gaza is the symbol of dignity.
9. Medium shot of a banner reading “Gaza won’t die, the loss to Israel”
10. Various shots of protestors raising banners reading “Gaza won’t die”
11. Wide shot of protestors outside the Arab League headquarters