Egypt’s President Mohamed Morsi met on Thursday, September 6, with Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas at the Presidential Palace in Cairo, where they discussed the latest regional developments as well as various Palestinian issues.
The two leaders addressed the inter-Palestinian reconciliation efforts between Fatah and Hamas and Egypt's efforts to ease the ongoing suffering of the Palestinian people in the West Bank and Gaza.
Abbas said in a press conference following the meeting that Palestine recognizes Israel and that Israel has to recognize the independent state of Palestine too.
SOUNDBITE 1 (Arabic) – Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas:
“Israel is an existing state and we recognize it. We recognize it although certain authorities or states do not recognize it. We recognize a state on the 1967 border and the Israelis have to recognize us too. Israel is required to recognize the Palestinian state according to the two-state solution.”
Abbas said that if Israel wants to complete negotiations it has to recognize the two-state solution according to 1976 borders, adding added that Palestinian UN membership could stop the Israeli settlement construction.
For his part Egypt’s Foreign Minister Mohamed Kamel Amr said that President Mohamed Morsi affirmed during the meeting Egypt’s support for all the Palestinians in the West Bank and Gaza Strip and for the Palestinian leadership regarding their demand of a full membership on the United Nations.
Local News Agency: Middle East Bureau / VCS
Shooting Dateline: September 5, 2012
Shooting Location: Cairo, Egypt
Publishing Time: September 5, 2012
Video Size: 62.2 MB
1. Pan left , tilt up shot of Presidential Palace headquarters in Cairo
2. Various shots of the meeting of President Mohamed Morsi with Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas
3. Close up shot of a cameraman filming during the meeting
4. Wide shot of Morsi, Abbas and Egyptian Foreign Minister Mohamed Kamel Amr during the meeting
5. Wide shot of Abbas along with Egyptian FM Amr heading to start a press conference after the meeting
6. Close up shot of the logo of the Presidential Palace
7. SOUNDBITE 1 (Arabic) – Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas:
“Israel is an existing state and we recognize it. We recognize it although certain authorities or states do not recognize it. We recognize a state on the 1967 border and the Israelis have to recognize us too. Israel is required to recognize the Palestinian state according to the two-state solution.” 8. Various shots of the press conference
9. Various shots of Abbas speaking during the conference
10. Pan right shot of Abbas leaving after the press conference
- Cairo, Egypt
- Uploaded on
- 06 Sep 2012 18:38
- 6 mbps
- Abbas Morsi Fatah Hamas Palestine Developments MENA Reconciliation press conference Politics Two State Solution Settlement Construction Story Kit VIdeo Cairo Sat